Eko Support services committed to investing substantial funds in the redevelopment of the facility and entered into a long-term agreement with NPA.
After an extensive bid process Eko Support was given approval to redevelop the entire bullnose facility. The construction begun at the beginning of 2012 and the quayside was completed in August 2014.
The project main features were:
- Extensive dredging and reclamation works.
- Construction of suspended wharf on piles with breasting dolphins, mooring dolphins, fitting and shore line protection.
- Increase of existing open storage area from 40,000 SQM to 70,000 SQM and the jetty to 400m with a 12m draft (low tide).
- Construction of a water supply network to satisfy client’s requirements (including Fire Fighting Capability).
Eko Support Services Ltd area of operation is leased from Nigerian Ports Authority and being part of the Lagos Port Complex we offer full Port Services to the Oil and Gas Industry for the importation of project and commercial cargo.
Eko base also offers transit & supply base facilities to support the upstream Oil and Gas Industry.
Other investments are,
- ISPS Electrified Welded Mesh Perimeter and Quayside Fence
- Automated Entry/Exit gate, CCTV and biometric access control.
- Redevelopment of entire stacking area
- State of the art water treatment plant
- Additional equipment of up to 200 ton lifting capacity.
This investment is a commitment of USD 150M dollars and has greatly increased our ability to support the upstream Oil and Gas Logistic sector and major non Oil & Gas projects.
On completion, we have 400 M of new jetty at 12.5M, an ultra modern facility having the deepest draft in Lagos to better support deep-water projects.